New To DesiZip?
  Forgot Password?
Become DESIZIP Agent & Make More Money. Everything For FREE!!!
                                               
Home Classifieds Matrimonial News Jobs Gallery Events Properties Yellow Pages Forum Agents
          Country News  |  State News  |  City News  |  Zip News  |  News By Media  |  News In Picture  |  Search
 
  By Category
 
 
Budget
Cricket
Culture
Entertainment
Health
Money
Others
Politics
Sports
Technology
Travel
Weather
Events
 
  India On Media
 
 
 
BBC
Bloomberg
Reuters
 
Politics News

'2 Minutes' with PM Modi, Requests
'2 Minutes' with PM Modi, Requests Woman who Claims Rape by Minister
 INDIA , 18-June-2014  8:20:20 AM
A 24-year-old married woman from Jaipur who says she was raped three years ago by union minister Nihalchand Meghwal says she wants help getting "two minutes" with Prime Minister Narendra Modi. That plea was made through the media yesterday, as she added that she is being alternately threatened and lured with promises of a job to drop the case. (Congress Seeks Nihalchand Meghwal's Resignation)

The allegation against the minister- who has been asked to appear in a court in Jaipur next month- has commissioned one of the first big scandals for the new government, with the opposition Congress and women's rights activists demanding his immediate removal.

Nihalchand, the 43-year-old junior minister for Chemicals and Fertilizers, is the only parliamentarian from Rajasthan in Prime Minister Modi's cabinet.

The woman says that in 2011, she was raped by a group of men including Nihalchand, who was not a parliamentarian at the time. She says her husband, an aspiring politician and property dealer, forced her to have sex with powerful and connected men in and around Jaipur.

Her lawyers say that her police complaint resulted in a deliberately-shoddy investigation by cops who protected the influential people she had named.

Earlier this year, a local court accepted the police's request to close the case, though the woman's testimony had never been recorded. She challenged that decision in a higher court in Jaipur which has now asked Nihalchand to appear in person on August 20 to respond to her petition for the case to be re-opened along with others named in her petition

From : http://www.ndtv.com  

Posted By : DesiZip.com

ADVERTISEMENTS

Free offer!!! Become an administrator for your zip home page, "Post" local news (local to your postcode)& pictures, "Post" advertisement banners from local companies. Make Extra money.

 
 
Home  |  Classifieds  |  Matrimonial  |  Yellow Pages  |  Jobs  |  Resumes  |  Events  |  Properties  |  Movies
Forum  |  About Us  |  Contact Us  |  Feedback  |  Help  |  Useful Links |  Advertise With Us  |  Site Map
                  See Terms and Conditions,
                  © 2016-2017 Copyright @ Desizip, All Rights Reserved.